As you know, we love a good list around here! Some people have sent me a few messages asking me if I was putting together a Spring Bucket List, like I had for Autumn! And, the answer is Yes, Yes I am!!
Here we go our Spring Bucket List 2014.
There will of course be other activities and events that we go to during the Spring and Easter months, but this is a list, that we will stick to our fridge and try to ‘tick off’ as the weeks go by. If you follow us on Facebook I’ll keep you up to date on what things you might like to go to! For example, this weekend it is a “Free Open Weekend” at Mount Stewart (8th and 9th March).
SPRING BUCKET LIST 2014.
1. Feed the ducks.
2. Make daffodils – you know, the usual – egg carton ones!
3. Plant some seeds – learn to care for plants.
4. Dye / decorate some eggs for rolling down a hill.
5. Go on an Easter egg hunt.
6. Dance / play with umbrellas and willies in the April Showers.
7. ‘Grow’ some butterflies.
8. Visit the farm to feed and hold some baby animals.
9. Go on a nature walk, spotting some signs of Spring. Take a picnic with us.
10. Visit some botanical gardens – I think we’ll go to Botanic Gardens in Belfast – and smell and admire the beautiful flowers all in bloom.
11. Spring cleaning – give some old toys and clothes to charity – involve kids in this.
12. Have a Spring tea party – maybe with a Mad Hatter’s / Easter bonnet theme.
What about you guys, do you have any suggestions for my list? What traditions do you have for welcoming Spring? I’d love to hear……