You might remember that back in January we were invited along to Lynas Food Outlet, Belfast to have a look around their new store and consider how it might help us to save money on our food bill. This evening I want to share with you just one of the family meals that we were able to enjoy using some of the products that we got there.
Mango Chicken! Mango Chicken is a popular dish in our house, and if we have ever had you over for dinner, no doubt this may well have been what we fed you!
Granted, it doesn’t really look very appealing, but believe me it is tasty and goes down well with everyone – adults and children alike!
Serves : 4 (adults)
4 chicken fillets, diced.
1 green pepper, sliced.
225g mushrooms, quartered.
1 red onion, sliced
250ml whipping cream
360g Mango chutney
- Fry chicken in 1 tablespoon olive oil and a knob of butter.
- Using the same method, quickly fry vegetables, being careful not to overcook.
- Layer chicken and vegetables in a casserole dish.
- Mix cream and mango chutney together and pour over chicken mixture.
- Cook for 40 minutes in a pre heated oven and serve with rice.
A simple, quick family dinner which is sure to be a hit!